Mid Atlantic Pom & Dance Association
MAPDA 2020 Competition Information
January 18 - Marriotts Ridge HS - Howard County - CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER
January 25 - No Competition
February 8 - Atholton H.S. - Howard County - 6520 Freetown Rd, Columbia, MD 21044
Competition Start 2pm
February 15 - President's Cup @ Archbishop Spalding HS - 8080 New Cut Rd. Severn, MD 21144 - Anne Arundel County - Competition Start 12pm
February 22 - Good Counsel HS - 17301 Old Vic Blvd, Olney, MD 20832 - Montgomery County -. Competition Start 4pm
March 7 - Flowers H.S. - PG County - Starts at 12pmFlowers Order of Performance
March 21 - MAPDA CHAMPIONSHIPS @ University of Maryland Ritchie Coliseum
Each performer must provide a Waiver form. This wavier can be used for all competitions and provided only once at the first competition your team performs in. Please make sure you have waiver forms for each person at team check-in. Parents/Guardians must also sign these forms.
REGISTRATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE HERE: https://form.jotform.com/200005998863158
- 1 Routine: $80
- 2 Routines: $130
- 3 Routines: $180
- 4 Routines: $210
- 5 Routines: $240
- 6 Routines: $260
- 7 Routines: $280
- 8 Routines: $300
Payment can be sent to:
PO Box 917
White Plains, MD 20695
Cash App: $MAPDA
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd (possible) placements will be awarded to Captains and Teams in each category and group size.
- When there is only 1 team entered in a specific SIZE category, MAPDA will combine sizes for an OPEN category within their Division. If teams place 1-3rd they will be qualified for MAPDA Championships in the size category in which they were registered. Teams will only compete within their Division.
- Teams in a category by themselves will compete against a score to receive a 1st place trophy and qualify for Championships. The minimum score to reach 1st place is:
- Division 3: 57 points
- Division 2: 62 points
- Division 1: 67 points
If the team does not meet the minimum score, an announcement will not be made for that category.
- General Public - $10.00
- Children Under 10 - $5.00
- Children Under 2 - Free
- Security retains the right to remove any spectator threatening the dancers, other spectators and MAPDA personnel. No refunds will be given if a spectator is removed.
- All spectators are expected to adhere to the same MAPDA Sportsmanship Conduct Rules.
Only 3 Coaches are permitted for free with team; all other coaches must pay general admission fees.
Parents/fan are not permitted where performers are housed for security reasons.
MAPDA Sportsmanship Conduct Rule
If a sponsor, member, fan, etc. of a team displays unsportsmanlike conduct at a competition, the Mid-Atlantic Pom and Dance Association will immediately disqualify the team and will forfeit any trophy or placement that may have been awarded. In addition, the team will not be allowed to compete in the next competition. If the team has already paid the entry fee, it will be forfeited.
The above rule will be STRICTLY ENFORCED.
COACHES GENERAL INFORMATION
- Captains will be critiqued separately from the team; teams are responsible for providing their Captain's designation band (e.g., scrunchie), one captain per routine. Please make sure it’s a different color than your uniform so the judge can see it. They should wear it on their arm or leg.
- Only three (3) coaches will be allowed entrance with the team. Any additional coaches are required to pay $10.00 General Admission - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Rubber Sole Shoes or Dance Paws are required when performing. No Heeled shoes allowed.
- Every participant must sign a waiver form in order to compete.
- The Mid-Atlantic Pom & Dance Association will assume no responsibility for injuries caused by dance moves during a team's performance.
- Qualified judges will be from The Mid-Atlantic Pom & Dance Association. The decision of the judges is final. Please refer to the MAPDA website (www.dancemapda.com) for rules and penalty information.